1. Pick the right brush - Not all brushes are the same, and you need to choose one that fits your mouth.
2. Brush the right way - You should hold your brush at a 45-F-degree angle to your gums and use an up-and-down motion with short strokes.
3. Take your time - While brushing twice a day is recommended, three times is probably best. Also, whenever you brush, make sure you do it for at least two minutes.
4. Don't overdo it - Conversely, don't brush too much or for too long, as this can wear down enamel and hurt your gums.
5. Keep it clean - Always rinse your brush, as germs can linger on it.
6. Let it go - Make sure to replace your toothbrush every three to four months or if the bristles are becoming frayed or broken.